[MacDV] New G5 dies, mac servicing, photos altered, web design warning

Shirley Kehr shirleykat at cox.net
Tue Oct 4 17:29:51 PDT 2005

I too have noticed that some people seem plagued with problems while
most are not. Was anybody here on the old Power Mac 8500 email list,
that was mostly about video? One of the members constantly shared his
experience of getting rid of system crashes by putting his 8500 on a
voltage regulator (not a UPS - they weren't affordable back then). He
lived in an old apartment building in Chicago that had lots of
electrical problems. I finally got one too because of our brownouts and
saw my software problems drop to almost zero. So this discussion isn't
just about hardware. All those little bit flips eventually accumulate
into corrupt software someplace and are waiting to "create the big one"
at the worst possible moment. :-)

Shirley