[MacDV] Re: Exporting avi from iMovie

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Sep 29 07:22:35 PDT 2005

On Sep 29, 2005, at 8:49 AM, rgb at ellerbach.com wrote:

> I ran a few tests last night on a 14min movie I have (largest that is
> still on disc) trying different avi creations. Unfortunately any
> avi movie
> larger than 4GB would not play back. The files (anywhere up to 12
> GB) were
> created without complaint by QTPro but if they were > 4GB they
> wouldn't
> play correctly.

First, I would try something other than QTPro to test playback. I
would recommend something like VLC Media Player (its freeware and
plays a lot of video QT Player won't). <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
download-macosx.html>

Another piece of software that works great is MPEG Streamclip (also
freeware) and will export to avi. <http://www.alfanet.it/squared5/
mpegstreamclip.html>

-Mike