[MacDV] security

Ray Statham raystatham at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 30 18:25:55 PDT 2005

Well, you guys were right. The problem was with my secondary hard drive
which stopped the computer from booting up. The fact that it burned right
after an update was coincidental. I had it replaced, but lost all the data
on the original drive along with the job I was working on. So it goes...

Thanks to all who offered advice.

Ray

I agree, if you can't boot from a bootable CD/DVD then you have to look at a
hardware problem. Not too long ago, we had an iBook than did a similar
thing. In that case we thought it was a software problem since the problem
developed right after an update. When it would not boot from the original OS
disk, the iBook went to the Apple Store. The logic board was replaced and
all has been fine since. Fortunately, it was under AppleCare.

Jamie