[MacDV] Re: Slideshow DVD Pricing--MacDV Digest, Vol 19, Issue 2

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Mon Feb 6 15:04:50 PST 2006

Heh, I spent months (whatever little bits of time I could find in evenings
and weekends) creating a movie and slideshow DVD of the previous year's
Christmas including designing a full DVD case sleeve and label and all the
menus were designed from the ground-up. Each family member got a copy for
this Christmas.

Last week (Monday) I received a call from my brother-in-law asking if he
could send down a bunch of photos and have me make a "cool DVD like the
one I sent them for Christmas - with the professional looking case sleeve
and disc label and all" for his wife's birthday for the coming Saturday.

I kindly declined. He said, "Yeah, I kinda thought I might be pushing it."
 UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!  ;-D

Coj (who has a neice having a wedding soon and is holding his breath for
the inevitable "request")

"Trueman H. Hight" <thhight at comcast.net>

Gerhard,

You are right. I have been doing these DVDs for friends and family as
a favor. I found out that people don't see the work that goes into
them.  I put together a "Church History" DVD for the 25th anniversary
of our church.  It contained 100+ photos that I had to scan, color
correct, etc. etc. It took quite a few hours. We showed it at church
on a big screen at the celebration and offered it for sale at $20.
Only 3 people were willing to purchase a copy.

The ones I am now considering are not for friends or family but
people who are willing to pay for them.

Thanks

Trueman