[MacDV] Fw: Internal Muxer Error - DVDSPro 4

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Sun Feb 12 21:20:55 PST 2006

Hi Don,

Thanks for the tip... I clean forgot to look up the KB. Unfortunately it
produced nothing but a mention of DVDSPro 3.0.1 fixing the muxing error
with MPEG-1 video files.

While I still don't know what my issue was I was able to get around it by
re-encoding all of my video again, which was rather time-consuming and
painful to say the least!

After fixing that I strangely started to get a similar muxing error when
it was building one of my slideshows. After trying a few tests and drying
my eyes I finally rebooted and the error seemed to go away. Perhaps a
reboot may have been all it needed with the previous error also.

I think I'll look up a good DVDSPro list and get some dialog going there.
There don't seem to be many DVDSpro users in here.

I'm now having troubles fitting my content on the DL disc. I'm getting
conflicting reports on how big my project is within DVDSPro (8.9GB in main
window and 8.5GB in build report) and my completed build folder on the
hard drive is showing 7.9GB but it still warned me that I was 35.1MB over
the limit (soo.. near... yet... so... faaar). After dropping the encoding
on one of my video files that error finally went away but I was then faced
with it not being able to find a suitable marker to make the layer change.
Out came the tissue box again as I decided to drop the encoding a bit on
all video files and try again overnight... I made a successful build this
morning and I think it was at 7.5GB and I was finally able to format a
disc image but didn't see what the final size was before I left for work.

I thought I had 8.3GB to play with on a DL disc. Does the DVDSpro
"formatting to disc" add that much more to it, that my 7.9GB "build" still
wouldn't fit onto the disc?

Cheers,

Coj

Don Stark <don at scubavisions.com>
Sent by: macdv-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
09/02/06 11:30 PM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [MacDV] Fw: Internal Muxer Error - DVDSPro 4

No idea, sorry.  Did you try the Apple Knowledge Base?

Don Stark
ScubaVision Productions
Boston, MA USA and Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, BWI