[MacDV] Re: Formatting problem: video in PowerPoint

Mike Rehbein rotorwash at mac.com
Mon Feb 19 13:20:45 PST 2007

One example is 3M here in MN.
They have a staff of PPT experts who produce PPTs or actually PPS
(the end product is a Show of course) of incredible quality. These
were not segmented and assembled by the presenter the night before in
a hotel room :)

I'd say half of my time in IT is spent learning and applying work-
arounds that have nothing to do with computing as such. It's about
learning to do without an advertised feature or how to make a broken
feature work using 3rd party software or worse, having to write
something in-house.

Most of the venders presenting to our IT staff don't bother trying to
assemble a flawless PPT the night before in their hotel room. They
simply break out of the show and then around to the next group of
slides they want to show. Sometimes that's where the questions from
us lead them. But, I understand in your case, your sales staff know
the audience and have a track they know they wish to follow in a
presentation. And a flawless presentation is the need :)

How many clips are you dealing with?
Can a clip be played on it's own or is it something the presenter
talks through and needs to click when to advance to the next frame?

Mike