[MacDV] Formatting problem: video in PowerPoint

Mike Rehbein rotorwash at mac.com
Mon Feb 19 17:20:13 PST 2007

hm....

how about using IE

sounds like you have "frames" to show and then a .mpeg clip and then
more frames.

HTML would be simpler and probably more reliable then PowerPoint
because the HTML would not likely need updating as the versions of
the windoes OS changes with security updates, versions changes like
going from 2000 to XP to Vista to?

So this might be a maintenance nightmare to create a PPS only to have
to go back and fix it as PowerPoint changes versions.

If you want to get fancy in a web page, probably use Dreamweaver to
make the pages.

In any event, making a page with links to the folder of all the clips
would play the clip in .mpeg format, no conversion necessary as long
as the PC has an mpeg player installed.

Browsers have a KIOSK mode you can use so that nothing of the menus
show or, simply turn off most or all of the menus in the browser window.

I don't know what the decision tree looks like the sales staff would
need to move among the files they wish to display but this is one way
to do it.

One that that won't be available would be a simple way to click and
print all the frames as in PPT but, unless the PPT has been
configured for that audience specifically, the sales staff won't get
a tailored printout any way.

Mike