[MacDV] Making Chapters in video

David Abramowitz david.abramowitz at verizon.net
Tue Jan 16 12:09:50 PST 2007

No trouble with iMovie to iDVD process, or the burn. The burns took
about 2 hours if I didn't use motion menus, 3 hours if I did. Some of
the iDVD themes use "Drop Zones," into which you can insert pictures
or movies – that's what probably took the most time (my wife and I
deciding what to put in there!). Other than that, iMovie and iDVD
really make the job more fun and certainly more tolerable.

We use TDK DVD-R and haven't had 1 problem yet. Once you burn a DVD-
R, you're done. You can add to a DVD-RW (The "W" is for multiple
Writes), but at the time I purchased the DVDs, DVD-R was the only
format iDVD would burn to. That has changed, but I'd still get DVD-
R's for maximum compatibility. I think I got them at Costco (two
spools of 100 each for about $50).