[MacDV] Re: Breaking DVD film up into clips

Gordon Alley gordon at gordonalley.com
Mon Aug 25 15:44:34 PDT 2008

Flash may be the future, but I specifically wanted a miniDV HD camera for
the following reasons, among others:

-- inexpensive media (60-minute tapes from Costco for less the $3 each)
-- just save the tapes as convenient archival storage - no long-term storage
on external hard disks required
-- better video quality (the HV30 gets top reviews for cameras in its class,
and even among classier cameras)
-- I could get it for less than $800 (about $745 after deducting a $25
reward credit from Amazon.com)
-- no need to dump video off to a computer during long shoots - just swap
tapes
-- tapes available just about everywhere

Just my two cents.

-Gordon

--
Gordon B. Alley