[MacDV] New version of iMovie

Raymond Rogoway rogoway at infionline.net
Wed Jun 18 18:31:10 PDT 2008

I keep both version on my Mac. I use the new version for "quick and
dirty" projects. But if I want high quality, well edited (both audio
and video) I use the old version. I am a retired school teacher so I
understand your frame of reference. The choice depends on what you
want your students to produce. If it is just a quicky class project to
illustrate a subject then the new version is much easier to use.
However, if they want a video that really looks good or if they can
handle the higher tech procedures in the older version then that
should be your choice.

I use the old version to extract segments from full length movies that
I put together so that I could show them in a 50 minute period. I
could not do that easily in the newer version.

Raymond Rogoway
rogoway at infionline.net