[MG] Jedi Knight problem

Marc van Gemert listz at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 11 05:20:03 PST 2002

John McGibney wrote:
> I can't seem to get Jedi Knight 2 to run on my G4 tower. Everytime it
starts
> I get 2 errors. The first is for a missing OpenGL file, the second is
that
> OpenGL can't be started. I still have the original Rage pro card and
have
> installed the ATI update as required by JK2. The game starts under
OS-X but
> not under 9.2.2.

Seems like a similar problem we had here a while ago with the first G4
400-700s and UT. Seems that if you have disabled all these QuickDraw
extensions

Apple QD3D HW Driver
Apple QD3D HW Plug-In
QuickDraw™ 3D
QuickDraw™ 3D IR
QuickDraw™ 3D RAVE
QuickDraw™ 3D Viewer

OpenGL will fail to load, or won't even see that you have a RAVE (!)
capable video card.

If you have them all enabled including the six OpenGL extensions (don't
forget the OpenGLRendererATI) it should work.

That's how I got the games to work here.

HTH,
Marc

*
*