[MG] good optical mouse? (Was: good 2-button mouse?)

Marc van Gemert listz at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 17 06:57:12 PST 2002

Jacob K wrote:
> I think that mouse is called the Razor.

It's called the Razor Boomslang. I wanted to buy that one until I found
out that the M$ Intellimouse Explorer (optical, but not wireless) is
even faster (IIRC 3000 dpi), and I must admit, it is a very good gaming
mouse. It fits perfectly in my small hands. And besides the two regular
buttons and the scroll wheel it also has two extra buttons which
function as the back and forth buttons in your browser (and in UT the
thumb button works as the change weapon button). Our main sysop
department has this mouse laying around for every Mac user here who
wants more than a one-button mouse. This mouse is in use @ five
different Macs @ our department @ the moment including me. I have the
same mouse @ home (the grey special edition), I also have the same, but
then wireless and optical one @ home, but it is a bit too big.