Pro Tools Free problem

Andrew Yonda andrewyonda at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 26 23:19:39 PST 2002

Hi,
I'm having a problem with Pro Tools Free where when I
try to open a new file it says "Could not save because
of a disk error."  I'm not sure if this is a Pro Tools
issue or just my computer, but the program used to
work and now it doesn't.  I'm running OS 9.1 with 640
megs of RAM on a G4/466.  The virtual memory is off.
Should I give up on PTFree?  I was hoping to record
and burn a couple demos this week--can anyone suggest
alternate (especially free) software?  I don't
necessarily even need multi-tracking, just the ability
to record from a stereo input (my analog four-track)
and output an mp3 or aiff or wav would be fine.

Thanks for any advice you can give,
Andrew Yonda