[MPA] Pro Tools Free problem

Charles Turner TurnerCL at missouri.edu
Wed Nov 27 04:59:38 PST 2002

On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 01:19  AM, Andrew Yonda wrote:

> I'm having a problem with Pro Tools Free where when I
> try to open a new file it says "Could not save because
> of a disk error."  I'm not sure if this is a Pro Tools
> issue or just my computer, but the program used to
> work and now it doesn't.

I've seen a situation when PTfree objected because HD free space was
too fragmented. I don't remember if it said that explicitly or if I got
the error message you describe. If your HD is getting particularly low
on free space (you mentioned that PTfree was working but now is acting
up) then freeing some HD space is something to try.

-ct