[MPA] iTunes 4

Paul Blair masque at pobox.com
Mon Apr 28 11:08:00 PDT 2003

On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 01:02  PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

>  The downloaded track must cost significantly less than the cost of
> buying CDs before this model will work. I think 49¢ a track is a more
> realistic success target price.

The target market is the napster/kazaa community, which generally is a
one-song-at-a-time download.  If you want the entire album then yes, a
CD purchase is probably a better idea.  If you just want a specific
track, however, this is significantly less expensive.  And that, I
believe, is their point.

Paul.