[MPA] share Mbox/PT-LE with 2 computers?

Maik Waschfeld Maik_Waschfeld at t-online.de
Sun Aug 3 10:16:14 PDT 2003

Hi David,

At 11:25 Uhr -0500 03.08.2003, david clayton wrote:
>can I put the PT-LE software on both computers?  I'm guessing I
>would have to move the Mbox back and forth between machines to
>authenticate the software on the machine I'm currently using --
>would that actually work?

No problem so far for Mac OS X.
I didn't check OS9.

>Also, suppose I hang the Mbox off the USB port of my desktop.  Would
>I then be able to use the Delta 1010 card installed on that machine
>for output (or even input/output), or would I be restricted to using
>the Mbox as I/O?

If you want to use ProTools LE (the software):
it just works on Digidesign-hardware.

You could try to get an Audiomedia III-PCI-card for about $200 at
ebay (incl. ProTools LE), if you still have free PCI-slots in your
desktop.

If you're on OS9:
there's a FREE stripped down version of ProTools v. 5.x which uses
the built in audio-hardware; it's an early 5.x-version, which exactly
I don't recall.

There's no ProTools FREE X for now, but will come someday.
--

Grüße...
...Maik

Phone: (+49) 0711-336 18 83 * Mobile: (+49) 0172-714 50 36
Fax'n'Phone: (+49) 01805-060 334 021 12

Please _don't_ send *.doc-files. Plain-ASCII, *.rtf, *.PDF or Mac-files only!

<http://www.Maik-Waschfeld.de/>

(Digital-) Audio mit Mac OS X-Newsletter unter:
<http://www.Maik-Waschfeld.de/howto/DA-Mac%20OS%20X/index.html>

...the manual said: Win 95/NT or better, so I used Mac OS X and MagicMac.