[MPA] Anybody working with Minidisc and Mac?

Leigh Seaver keeleefeefee at mac.com
Mon Aug 11 20:01:00 PDT 2003

Thanks for the post!

I haven't thought of interfacing my minidisc with my mac.  I have both
a portable MD-recorder and a Kenwood minidisc deck with both optical
and coaxial digital in/out.  I have used minidisc for years and may
happiness with it has not made an iPod necessary.  I also like being
able to record over two hours of mono-aural dialogue ... travel diaries
I record when on the road, to be transcribed later when I come home.

One question ... if I can get the appropriate interface, would it be
possible to create playlists in iTunes and send them to my minidisc
deck to record on minidisc?  Would the MP3 convert to ATRAC well
enough, or am I better off using the AIFF files I currently use (though
I usually burn to CD-RW and then transfer to MD on my home stereo
set-up)?

Any ideas?  This never entered my mind until I saw this post.

Thanks,