[MPA] Upgrade to OSX problems

Peter Kirn peterkirn at mac.com
Tue Feb 11 08:43:23 PST 2003

As far as I know the Echo Audio (I think) and Midiman/M-Audio (I'm
sure) interfaces have robust OS X support.

How do these compare to the Alesis in terms of functionality, out of
curiosity? Is the Alesis card basically just an ADAT I/O or does it do
something else as well?

I've been really happy with my MOTU 828 -- I have an Alesis QS8 hooked
into its ADAT I/O, which interestingly provides a total of 18 tracks --
2 via S/PDIF, 8 analog, and 8 I/O from the ADAT. MOTU has a number of
models with similar support though currently only the 828 runs on OS X,
a situation likely to change in the next few months with a lot of new
drivers and software from MOTU due on X.

Keep us posted with your experiences!

Peter Kirn