[MPA] Request for recommendations

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Jan 31 08:11:53 PST 2003

Thank you Peter. That is an outstanding piece that gives me hope the
transition will be sooner than later. But I do think there are a lot of
pros that won't make the switch until OS X versions 2 or 3 of apps they
depend on are proven to work flawlessly. And then there's the interface
adjustment learning curve too. That's why I think it may be 2005 before
the entire industry has switched. But I certainly hope it's sooner.

It will be interesting to see how quickly the diffusion will happen
once all professional applications are fully operational with the
existing hardware infrastructure. And I'm curious how much impact the
IBM 970 PowerPC processor Macs will have on accelerating the switch
curve as they enter the market in the last quarter of this year.