Delaying OSX

Haas, Christopher E. chaas at bsu.edu
Fri Jan 31 09:16:33 PST 2003

I want to go to OSX, I use it on my laptop at home.  However, since HP hasn't created an OSX driver for my plotter (due sometime in the Fall), I'm still forced to dive back into OS 9 on my desktop at work.   I can understand people being hesitant to make the change, years of experience and comfort with the old interface.  But it really isn't that bad if you just force yourself to do it and play around.  I actually like OS X and as I get more familiar with it, I get more annoyed with OS 9 when I jump back into it.

I think another issue for people delaying the switch is money.  I've got a couple applications (MacDraft, Litewrite) that I can't afford to upgrade right now to make OS X compliant.  I bit the bullet on some of the audio programs, but since I upgraded there, I have to wait on the others.

Chip Haas
Technical Director
Dept of Theatre and Dance
Ball State University