[MPA] The Dark Side grows, Avid to acquire Pinnacle.

Jay Shaffer jshaf at jayshaffer.com
Mon Mar 21 09:44:49 PST 2005

Thanks Peter
I stand corrected on the Steinberg thing. I'll send  a correction from
my blog also.
Avid already has an entry level video editing product Avid DV and it's
a free download (except for the signing over your soul part.) I'll bet
you a Firewire cable that development will soon cease on Dazzle.
In the high-end video editing market, in years of video editing I've
never been asked if  i could edit on a Vegas, I've only seen one system
in the Denver broadcast market, By necessity I can edit using Avid Or
FCP. Avid Media Composer still dominates our pro market, although most
newer companies seem to be going with FCP/ AJA Kona systems.
Thanks again for keeping me factual.
--
Jay