[MV] Re: ViaVoice gone?

Randy B. Singer randy at mother.com
Thu Jul 24 13:17:24 PDT 2003

T. Patrick Henebry said:

>Back in April a deal was struck between Scansoft and IBM whereby ScanSoft is
>now responsible for the distribution and support of ViaVoice products but
>IBM retains the development rights.

Thanks for the info!

>Personally, I think it's a matter of time before ViaVoice gets pulled from
>the market all together.

An industry insider told me that development of VV for the Macintosh has
virtually ceased.  He also told me that Apple tried to purchase the
product from IBM, but that IBM wasn't interested at the price Apple
offered.

Randy B. Singer

How To Deal With Common Macintosh OS X Jaguar Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html