[MV] Re: ViaVoice gone?

Randy B. Singer randy at mother.com
Thu Jul 24 13:17:34 PDT 2003

T. Patrick Henebry said:

>ViaVoice for OS X
>
><http://www2.warehouse.com/product.asp?pf_id=VW151645&blind=no&BCID=4548403>
>
>Medical vocabulary for ViaVoice for OS X
>
><http://www2.warehouse.com/product.asp?pf_id=COM1406&blind=no&BCID=4548403>

A new question, if I may.

>From the MacWarehouse site:

>>IBM® ViaVoice Medical Vocabulary for Mac
>>
>>IBM® ViaVoice Medical Vocabulary for Mac® voice-recognition software
>>includes such features as Direct Dictation to help you dictate and edit
>>speech directly into supported Mac applications. ViaVoice also features
>>voice commands that enable Internet browser and chat interaction, well as
>>customized vocabularies for topics such as Chatter's Jargon and Cuisine.
>>It also comes with a Plug-and-Play, USB microphone that supports most
>>desktop systems.
>>
>># Product Description:ViaVoice Medical Vocabulary - complete package

Does the Medical Vocabulary come with a copy of ViaVoice (hence the
"complete package" notation from the MacWarehouse site) or is it an
extra-cost add-on to VV (an add-on that costs more than the basic package
itself.)?

TIA!

Randy B. Singer

Most of the people I know use Macs, and it feels like we¹re a privileged
minority, though the odd thing is that, unlike Mercedes or BMW's, they
are not significantly more expensive than the competition. Why does
anybody use anything else?
-Douglas Adams