Microphone input problems on G4's part 2

John Richardson richards at spawar.navy.mil
Wed Sep 24 14:24:12 PDT 2003

Hello,

I was reading Macspeech's tech notes. They seem to indicate that
plaintalk mics don't work or don't work well with a modern Mac such
as the dual 1.42GHz G4.

I was using the Andreas NC-71. Andreaelectronics.com says that it is
a plaintalk mic.

Can the casual user recognize a plaintalk mic just by looking at it?

So, is there an advantage to just buying an adrea USB pod for the
NC-71? I have an Andrea NC-7100 and iListen does not work with that
USB Mic at least according to Macspeech. That may mean there is no
possible way to re-use the ViaVoice Mics with a modern Mac.

Any ideas. It is probably time to get a VXI......

John F. Richardson