[MV] Re: iListen 1.6.4 - VV & Panther

thechuck at mac.com thechuck at mac.com
Tue Jan 20 11:48:41 PST 2004

Hi All:

Just a note to clarify a couple of things. I've been using iListen 1.6
for some time now, and just upgraded to 1.6.4 because of all the
command & control stuff I do. I believe it was version 1.6.0 that
introduced the ability to correct by voice.

When you decide to begin correction you say "Correct That." The
correction window comes up. You then say "Do Select" followed by the
word you want to select. The word becomes highlighted. iListen provides
a number of choices for what it thinks your desired word or phrase
might be. If it appears in the list, you say "Press" followed by the
number in the list (i.e. "Press Three"). If not, you can dictate the
correction into the first correction box and say "Press One," but to be
honest, most speech recognition programs aren't going to get it right
the second time if they misheard you the first time. This is true of
ViaVoice and Dragon as well.

Also, as an FYI, my understanding is that IBM has disbanded their
speech unit and no more upgrades will be forthcoming for ViaVoice on
either platform. (Scansoft has taken over distribution of ViaVoice as
well as all technical support.) So, if you are a Mac user, your best
bet would be to buy iListen.

In summary, yes, you CAN correct in iListen using your voice!

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers