[MV] Re: Comparing iListen and ViaVoice in 2004...

Domains4Days Lists at domains4days.com
Wed Jan 21 14:35:21 PST 2004

On 1/21/04 12:48 PM, "David K. Wehe" <dkw at umich.edu> wrote:

> We can't do much about the speech product accuracy, but we can
> control the sound input we provide.  I still wonder if there is much
> variation in recognition accuracy between Andrea, Shure, and Parrot.
> The on-off switch makes the Andrea my choice, and I haven't seen any
> improvement using the other models mentioned.  Is this a common
> finding?

 Thanks David for the info.  Coming from the music world, my guess is that
the main ingredients for any microphone would be 2 things:
-  Sound quality
-  Noise cancellation

Also, my guess is that all these basic high-quality microphones most likely
sound about the same level of quality, however possibly one of them might
have better noise cancellation then another one - I'm not sure which that
would be ...

 personally I own a VXI something (parrot?)? -  since that's all it says on
the microphone headset - that's all I remember - except I bought it from
martin makoe at emicrophones - (cool cat)

 basically it sounds great and works well - however the plastic headset
broke - because it is not very well designed and  I am forced to tape it up
- but the sound is good.....

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com