MacSpeech releases iListen 1.6.4

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at macspeech.com
Thu Jan 22 09:55:28 PST 2004

Hi All:

Its certainly been a busy start to the year for MacSpeech. A new update to
iListen, new ScriptPaks, new Transcription Solution Bundle and a great
Macworld show in San Francisco. This year's Macworld saw the release of
iListen 1.6.4. The new release was greeted enthusiastically by all who
visited our booth, which was busy the entire show. Our apologies to those we
could not talk to because of the crowds.

What's new from MacSpeech

-  iListen 1.6.4
-  ScriptPak for FileMaker Pro
-  New Transcription Solution Bundle
-  New Digital Recorder on sale
-  New Technical Support Options

- iListen 1.6.4

A new upgrade to iListen. In addition to addressing a couple of small bugs,
the new version adds improved support for Panther, (Mac OS X 10.3), the
ability to address items in the Mac OS X Services menu and adds support for
Hierarchical Menus in its built-in Script Editor. Users of upcoming
ScriptPaks, (such as the ScriptPaks for the Adobe Creative Suite), will need
this new version in order to use all of the commands in those ScriptPaks.

The iListen 1.6.4 update is free to users of iListen 1.5 or greater and can
be downloaded from the MacSpeech Update Center at
<http://www.macspeech.com/updatecenter.html>

- ScriptPak for FileMaker Pro

A new ScriptPak for FileMaker Pro <http://store.macspeech.com/#ScriptPaks>.

This new ScriptPak adds almost 200 voice commands for controlling virtually
every aspect of FileMaker Pro version 6, including commands unique to
Browse, Find, Preview, and Layout modes. The ScriptPak for FileMaker Pro is
priced at $29 and is available immediately from our online store at
<http://store.macspeech.com>

All iListen users will need to upgrade to version 1.6.4 in order to use all
the commands in the ScriptPak for FileMaker Pro.

- New Transcription Solution Bundle

Now for only $299.00 you can join the Digital Transcription Revolution. The
bundle include the latest release of iListen, a Griffin iMic, a VXi Parrot
Translator Headset/Microphone and a refurbished Olympus DM-1 Digital Voice
Recorder. See <http://store.macspeech.com/#Special> for more details.

- New Digital Recorder on sale

Now for the first time through MacSpeech, you can purchase a refurbished
Olympus DM-1 for only $199.00

- New Technical Support Options

There are now four ways to get technical support:

- Technotes and FAQs through
<http://www.macspeech.com/edits/technotes/technotes.html>

- eMail discussion list. Subscribe through
<http://lists.intermag.com/mailman/listinfo/macspeech-support>

- eMail support from our experienced techs who use iListen every day, all
day. <questions at macspeech.com>

- Paid telephone support. need to talk to a live person? Support by
telephone is available for $14.95 for 15 minutes, $1.00 for each additional
minute. Telephone support hours are 11am to 6pm, 7pm to 8pm Eastern Standard
Time. Call the experts live on (856) 795-3586.

Have a great year,

The MacSpeech Team

--
T. Patrick Henebry