Thank you, and a question regarding Orange USB Card

LorinH at aol.com LorinH at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 16:17:08 PST 2004

Dear Friends,

Thank you for the wonderful service you are providing by participating in
this list. It is a great help to those actively seeking advice regarding Voice
Recognition on the Mac.

I wonder if you might have an answer to a question regarding a situation I
have run into.

I am contemplating the purchase of the Transcription Solution Bundle, with
iListen bundled with the Olympus 2-1000 Digital tape recorder.  I have a
Macintosh G3 266 mHz with an Orange Micro USB card installed.  The MacSpeech sales
representative did not know, and could not assure that the Olympus digital
recorder would work as expected with a third party Orange USB card, with a USB port
not native to the computer.  He suggested that I check with you.  His concern
was that with the Orange USB card the Olympus file when downloaded through
this USB port would not be recognized in the same way as it would in a machine
where USB was native.

DO you have any experience with this, or any gut feelings?  It is fine to
send this out to the list for ideas.

Best always

Lorin

Lorinh at aol.com