[MV] microphones and sound pods /memory

Sacha Brostoff s.brostoff at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 2 07:57:37 PST 2004

Cheers Marty!

Sacha

-----Original Message-----
From: macvoice-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
[mailto:macvoice-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com] On Behalf Of Martin
Markoe
Sent: 02 November 2004 14:57
To: 'A place to discuss speech recognition on Macintosh.'
Subject: RE: [MV] microphones and sound pods /memory

Sacha,

> I have:
> an ANC 600-which I have read does not work well with listen.
> a talkmic
> a buddy USB pod (with an approximately 5 foot cable, bought
> several years
> ago)
> and an Andrea USB pod.
You will not go wrong using a VXI TalkPro and an Andrea USB sound pod. You
are
correct in that Andrea ANC microphones do not work well because the nature
of
the dual active noise cancellation microphone elements makes for a lower
output
gain then iListen requires. A TalkMic may work but is not as noise canceling
as
a VXI TalkPro.

Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
The best microphones for Speech Recognition
See us at: http://www.eMicrophones.com/
See, "Key Steps to High Speech Recognition Accuracy for the Mac" at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/docDetails.asp?DocumentID=39