[MV] VXi TalkPro Xpress or VXi TalkPro?

MacSpeech Questions questions at macspeech.com
Sun Oct 10 14:26:25 PDT 2004

spam_if_you_want_to at yahoo.co.uk (Richard Smith) 10/9/04 4:29 PM +0100 wrote:

>I intend to buy a microphone for use with iListen on a G4 iBook.  I wish
>to buy the best microphone.  The MacSpeech tech-note on supported
>microphones says that the VXi TalkPro Xpress is the best microphone, so I
>was going to buy this, along with a VXi USB soundcard.
>
>However, for the same price I could buy the VXi TalkPro which includes a
>'translator box'.  Does this translator box make the microphone better or
>worse?  If it makes it better, then why do MacSpeech recommend the version
>without the translator box?

We recommend the VXi TalkPro to laptop users so they can run the laptop on battery power while using iListen if desired. However, with some laptops there will be a feedback hum if the connection for the headset speaker is plugged into the laptop earphone jack. This does not occur if the TalkPro Xpess (which does not have the translator box) is used.

VXi TalkPro Xpress: no translator box, *no* feedback hum if headset speaker connected to the Mac's earphone jack, cannot use Mac laptop on battery power while using iListen.

VXi TalkPro: battery powered translator box enables the use of Mac laptops on battery power while using iListen, possible feedback hum if headset speaker connected to the Mac's earphone jack.
--
Regards,
The MacSpeech Team

Fee based phone support available at: 856-795-3586
Hours: 11:00AM to 6:00PM and 7:00PM to 8:00PM Eastern Monday - Friday

Check out our FAQs and Technotes at:
<http://www.macspeech.com/edits/technotes/technotes.html>

Want a MacSpeech T-Shirt, Coffee Mug, Mouse Mat...
<http://www.cafepress.com/macspeech>