[MV] IBM ViaVoice 3 and 10.4.7

Valerie Maples vlmaples at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 5 20:43:46 PDT 2006

I think if you invest enough time teaching iListen your style and
feed it enough documents with your medical vocabulary, you will find
it much better than previous versions.  It is *so* different from DNS
that a comparison is unfair, IMO, from product maturity and OS
limitations, but it is very workable and trainable for the most
part.  Standard text dictation is much quicker than previous
versions, but it takes a lot of time and dedication to add in a wide
array of proper names and medical terms if not brought in early
through learning my writing style.

Like you, I am a hard core Mac User, but my disability and medical
dictation have me use my Windows box for those lengthier straight
medical documents.  Due to mail and security issues and viruses and
other horrors on PC's, I use iListen for all that.  The result is no
more problems on the PC with no email and Internet downloads.

Let us know your experience if you decide to play with iListen.  The
more feedback developers get, the better the product will be.

  Valerie

Check out my kids at:
  http://www.caringbridge.org/ms/nicholemaples
  http://www.caringbridge.org/ms/cindymaples