[MV] Microphone Upgrade Help- I Need Something Sturdy For Traveling

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Tue Sep 19 10:06:29 PDT 2006

Hello folks,

Currently I am using a G4 desktop with viavoice and a VXi Parrott Translator
Headset:

- - - - -
From: MacSpeech Store
Location:
http://www.macspeech.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=217&osCsid_pr
ivate=b68d88a22c76c77c8deb9ba0a769aca4
- - - - -

Soon - I'm thinking of getting a laptop - most likely a Mac book or  Mac
Book pro . I also will be moving to iListen.

So, I would like to be able to work with iListen on my mobile laptop - and I
afraid that the VXi Parrott will not be able to handle traveling - as it is
quite delicate.

Q:  What is the best headset/microphone to use for iListen that is also
sturdy enough to handle the rigors of traveling? Is there such a thing like
a Blue tooth headset/microphone that can work well with dictation programs?
I imagine that the typical cell phone Blue tooth ear piece would not work
well - because the microphone is not close enough to someone's mouth... And
would pick up too much extraneous noise in a real world environment ... Is
this true?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hosting4days.com