[MV] Microphone Upgrade Help- I Need Something Sturdy For Traveling

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Tue Sep 19 14:09:09 PDT 2006

Dave:

I travel with a VXi Parrott all the time and I haven't had a new
microphone for well over a year now. I do not perceive it as being
"delicate" at all. I wrapped the sucker up in its own cords and
shoved it into my backpack countless times and it always bounces
right back. The one thing I would suggest is to put a tiny dollop of
super glue on each side of the windscreen where it comes in contact
with the microphone stem to keep from losing it. That can be a real
pain.

That having been said, the Plantronics .Audio 85 is a folding
microphone that performed as well as the standard microphone we ship
with iListen and almost as good as the VXi TalkPro. It is built for
portability (and it is stereo, so it work's great on iPods, too!).

Regarding BlueTooth, we have yet to find a BlueTooth microphone that
will work with iListen. All of them we have tested have an 8kHz
sampling rate and iListen needs at least 16kHz to get good accuracy.
We are working with VXi to try to come up with a solution involving
their recently introduced BlueParrott, but so far we have nothing
positive to report.

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
MacSpeech, Inc.