[MV] Voice Recognition Issues

Joseph Senecal JSenecal at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 10:21:45 PST 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 8:55 AM, Regina Sadono wrote:

> At the same time was given DNS on my PC at work and almost fell
> over when I
> found how easy it was to train and use with a very high accuracy
> rate almost
> immediately.  I am a fundraiser and have to do a lot of different
> kinds of
> writing using fairly technical language. Since I have a MacBook
> with Intel I
> started looking into setting my home computer up so I could use
> DNS.  (I'm a
> Mac person through and through!)

Which brings up a good point. Different programs can all be good and
accurate, but vary widely in how well they work for a specific person
based on how well that person matches the standard voice template
used by that program. Also programs improve over time from both
improvements in code and improvements in available processing power.

If you can afford it, the way to get the best recognition accuracy is
to get every program that could work for you and try them all. It
used to be that there were a lot of options, but it seems to have
been reduced to a single program per platform.

In my case I'm editing documents on the Mac (programs actually), so
control is at least as important as accuracy. So for me DNS isn't a
consideration.

Joe Senecal