[MV] My name will NOT work!

Joseph Senecal JSenecal at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 07:20:52 PST 2011

I'm using iListen, MacSpeech Dictate, or Dragon Dictate depending on which machine I am using. In each case I'm using the latest version. I still use an old G5 machine for finances and use iListen there. I use MacSpeech Dictate so that I can run both it and Dragon Dictate at the same time. Eventually I'll upgrade my Dragon Dictate license to cover two machines, I just haven't done that yet.

The problem you described is one I first saw in MacSpeech Dictate. A later version of MacSpeech Dictate gave us the vocabulary editor and it's option for intensive training. After using intensive training, my problem with fantasy names went away. Dragon Dictate also has this feature (and a better recognition engine), I haven't had problems with my fantasy names with Dragon Dictate.

Joe