[PB] Battery endurance (was: Test)

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Jun 30 00:13:03 PDT 2005

On 30/6/05 00:09, "Jean-Paul Thuot" <fearsome.orange at gmail.com> wrote:

> I bought my PB second hand from a friend.  It is about 1.5 years old
> now (I think, any way for me to tell exactly?).  The battery gets
> about 2 hours from a full charge.  I think he used his battery fairly
> extensively, and I can see that getting a new battery in the future is
> a likelihood for me.
>
> Which PBs have keyboards that light up?  I've never seen mine light
> up, so I'm assuming it's not this one.  It's a FireWire 800 1Ghz Al.

The first one was the 17" PB introduced Jan. 2003 and since then all 17"
models have it and increasingly the 15" models (at first only higher spec
15's and now only the 12" models are not illuminated...yet).

You can check yours by looking at the keys for F8-F10 as these show the
icons for either turning it off F8, reducing it F9, or increasing the
brightness F10, as well as the options available under Keyboard & Mouse in
Sys Prefs. (at least in Tiger).

HTH,

Richard