Unix on OS X

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Tue Dec 3 10:58:59 PST 2002

I am going to give you the best tip of all:

Install the Developers Tool (free download from Apple Developers
Connection) and, after that is done, go visit
http://fink.sourceforge.net

just to have a taste of what is available. To this day the guys at Fink
have ported to OS X some 1,800 packages from Unix/Linux
ranging from window managers, compilers, LaTex stuff, games, the whole
GNOME, etc etc.

Apart from that, most well behaved application compile just fine with

./configure && make && make install

Cheers

	M.

--