Rubber bumps, again

Gerry Orkin gerryo at bigpond.net.au
Mon Dec 9 16:30:24 PST 2002

> According to the parts list that I have, the only one with that
> diameter has
> a height of 2.159 mm. The part # is SJ5302SPCL.

Thanks for this. It turns out that in Australia these are only sold in
packs of 3000. Now I'm committed to Apple products but I doubt I'd use
that many, so I called 3M and I started by saying "I'm looking to buy a
really small number of things that are usually sold in a pack of
3000..." and the woman cut in (without a moments pause) with "You'll be
wanting Bumpons..."

No, she wasn't reading my mind. Apparently they get 50 calls a day from
around Oz and NZ from people looking for rubber feet for all sorts of
things. The wonderful woman said company policy is to refer to
re-sellers who split packs, but her personal policy was to send them
off for free if the required quantity was less than 10 :).

Now I remember...it's called "service". We used to have a lot of it
about in the old days.

Gerry