S-Video to TV

coccolithophorid at earthlink.net coccolithophorid at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 18 09:26:40 PST 2002

You could always use the S-Video to video adapter that comes with
PowerBooks (there should be a video in on the back of your tv) and buy
a cheap 1/8" stereo out to RCA from Radio Shack for the audio out. Then
you'll need a video cable for the video, this can all be bought in the
US for under $10.
peace,
Kevin

Simon wrote:
Not sure if this is a UK issue or not but my TiBook has a 7-pin S-Video
out
port while the front panel of my Panasonic 28DK TV has a 4-pin S-Video
input. Presumably this means that the TiBook sends sound signals out
with
the S-Video but that the TV only accepts the video signals and I
therefore
have to wire up separately for sound. But my problem is that I can't
find
anyone in the UK who stocks an S-Video cable with different plugs at
either
end. What do others do? Must cables be made to order?

Thanks for any help.

Simon