[Ti] VPC 6 upgrade

alan kastner wallah at gol.com
Sat Dec 28 10:28:15 PST 2002

>I hate having to fire up OS9 everytime for VPC 5 but if VPC absolutely
>positively needs the power, it looks like I'll be staying with VPC 5
>for a little while longer.

While VPC 6 will run on your G4/400, you might want to keep in mind that VPC 5 also runs as a native OS X app, just not with the couple of new UI features VPC 6 adds. I doubt you'll see much of a performance difference between the respective versions of VPC on your machine.

Also keep in mind that VPC performance is greatly influenced by the guest OS (version of Winbloze) you use, the amount of RAM you give to the guest OS, how much of the so-called eye candy you turn off, etc. Set up the way I liked it, WIN2000 Pro (Japanese) ran quite well under OS X as a guest OS in VPC 5.0.4 on my G4/500.

 alan