[Ti] Ti Paint Repair

Dick Grable rgrable at mac.com
Sun Nov 24 08:07:43 PST 2002

> Is there ANYONE out there who HAS NOT suffered from the paint flaking
> problems which are on this list everyday?

No problems with paint on my 500 purchased as a refurb 3/02. Several other
issues though with one more repair the magic number (Apple will replace the
unit if there are any more problems).

> The reason I ask is because my TiBook is around a year old and I am
> wondering if it's feasibly possible to get by WITHOUT AppleCare, as I
> have recently become unemployed and can't really afford it.

I used a credit card that doubled the one year warranty to two years.
Although this is not as good as Apple Care it is free.