Internal Modem Disappeared

John Fisher jfisher3rd at mac.com
Sun Nov 24 08:19:10 PST 2002

I have a 667 tibook which recently went to Apple for an under-warranty
screen repair. Before I sent it, I backed up the HD, formatted, and did
a reinstall of OX 10.2.2 and 9.2.2.

Have received the unit back with repair completed.

Have been reinstalling software and re-entering preferences.

Looking at network prefs, I can't find the internal modem in some
settings, and it is greyed out in "Automatic" network prefs.

All suggestions gratefully accepted. I am on the road but with cable
modem access for the moment. Tuesday I will be traveling to an area
where dialup will be my only option for checking email and internet
through next week.

Thanks

John Fisher