very rare, in OS X

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed Apr 2 02:29:17 PST 2003

I was just in the middle of writing an email to someone in Hong Kong
(with various regular applications open, as usual, but with VirtualPC
launching in the background), and my Ti-500 just blocked....

Totally unresponsive.  ALT-CMD-ESC: no response.  CTL-CMD-PWR had to
be used to restart.

Such a rare event for me under OS X, that I went o my PC colleague
(latest Sony Vaio laptop with XP), and told him that I had a blocked
laptop.  The second time in the last year.  He said "well maybe that
it is unusual for you,  but it is daily for me."

I reflected that this system X is so stable, that when the Ti locks,
so rarely does it happen, that it gives me a strange feeling.   We
have moved on a lot in these last years, haven't we, from when we
accepted this as a daily occurrence?

regards,  Trevor