[Ti] Apple Warranty Support

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Fri Apr 4 14:24:37 PST 2003

>I think I'm just about ready to succumb to temptation and purchase one of
>those lovely new 12" Powerbooks. I've been looking around the web, and have
>found that it's possible to save quite a bit of money buying from one of the
>third-party vendors, rather than from Apple directly.
>
>But I wonder: if I do buy from a third party, will the support that Apple
>offers be diminished at all? If the unit needed repairs under warranty, would
>I still be able to send it to Apple, or would I have to go through the
>vendor? Could I still avail myself of the services of the "geniuses" at my
>local Apple Store?

Answers to all the above are yes, providing you are buying from an
AUTHORIZED Apple reseller.  Gray market purchases void the Apple
warranty.  I would be surprised if you can save more that $50 or so
from an Authorized reseller. Beware of deals that seem to good to be
true... they usually are.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com