[Ti] Apple Store Service blows

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Mon Apr 7 21:31:02 PDT 2003

I had a friend recently have a power supply go bad on him and Apple
agreed to replace it under warranty. My friend drove all the way out to
this Applestore and they told him that they didn't have that part in
"service inventory." But they had the same part as retail inventory in
stock. No amount of pleading with them would have them allow him to
take that item. He was forced to drive to yet another Applestore some
30 minutes away where they reluctantly replaced his part because he
forgot to bring his receipt even though the part was clearly released
to the market less than 12 months ago. ie. new power supply.

If you ask me Apple Store employees and the people who instruct them
don't care all that much about their customers.

All of that said I've had terrific service for the most part from Apple
when dealing with my warranty repairs with my Tibook but since most of
the work was performed in Asia mostly as walk-in repairs I was spoilt
in this regard and simply do not expect this kind of service when
dealing with similar problems in the US or the Europe.