[Ti] Apple Store Service blows

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Mon Apr 7 22:14:08 PDT 2003

>If you ask me Apple Store employees and the people who instruct them
>don't care all that much about their customers.

I have been in the Kenwood Store three times to buy computers
(brought switchers with me a couple of times). If it is
representative of how Apple approaches retail, their retail program
won't last.  The people are nice enough, but every time I have had to
approach someone and say "I want to buy something" and even then
waited up to 30 minutes to get someone to give me service.

If I know what I want, I can be in and out of Microcenter in 20
minutes with a 30-day, no questions return policy.  Haven't ever even
been waited on in that time period at Apple store and there you have
only 10 days with the 10% restocking fee.

Apple Store is great for eye candy, but my advice is to purchase from
MicroCenter (in Cincinnati anyway).

Apple brought in top quality editors to address their previous
terrible technical documentation of for developers; perhaps they need
to bring in someone comparable in retail success to overhaul their
retail customer service program...hopefully before it is too late.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com