[Ti] Card bus

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Apr 10 00:21:09 PDT 2003

At 20:20 -0400 8-4-2003, Kevin Kelly wrote:
>Apple System profiler says this (whether or not there is a card in the slot):
>
>cardbus
>Card type:	cardbus
>Card name:	cardbus
>Card model:	TXN,PCI1211-00
>Card ROM #:	Not available
>Card revision:	0
>Card vendor ID:	104c
>Ethernet address:	<not applicable>

Kevin - I just ran the Apple System Profiler on my Ti-500 running
10.2.4, with my TDK CG6100 GSM pc-card  (as  always) in the slot, and
it shows under Devices and Volumes:

PC Card:

Card Type: 	cardbus
Card Name: 	cardbus
Card Model: 	TXN,PCI1211-00
Vendor ID: 	104c
Device ID: 	ac1e
ROM#: 		Not available
Revision : 	0

I then removed the card, re-checked the Profile, replaced the card,
re-checked the Profile and it is always the same.

So this information - basically the same as you have - relates to the
pc-card SLOT and is no reflection of the presence, absence or
functioning of any card in it.

I know that my card is in there and recognized, because an icon for
it appears in the menu line on the top of the screen.  That icon has
a pull-down menu, and there is an option to POWER OFF the card, which
makes it's icon "disappear" from the menu.

As I said before, it would be better if cards in this slot appeared
on the desktop (as they did in OS9 days).   All other devices that I
connect  to the USB and Firewire ports appear on the desktop, and I
see no logical reason why a device connected to (in) the  pc-card
interface should not also appear on the desktop.  This is a
design/concept issue with the OS X, not any technical issue, I am
sure.   Should we provide this an input (wish list) for the Panther?

regards,  Trevor