Faster Finder Loading, was Re: [Ti] Better Battery Power

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 15 05:08:59 PDT 2003

According to Ray M:

>  > I would trash all Finder and SystemPrefs, and try again. Do a fsck -y
>>  boot [Cmd-S] and if there was any repair by the internal file check,
>>  run fsck -y again, until XXXX Appears to be okay" shows up.
>
>Where do you find those files you are talking about? (Finder and
>systemPrefs) here too the finder takes so much time to load!
>Thanx
>
>ray

Hi Ray,

In your home library preferences folder:

Users/<yourname>/Library/Preferences/<filename>

the 'real' correct/shorthand address  is:    ~/Library /Preferences

look for:
com.apple.systempreferences.plist
and
com.apple.finder.plist

Drag to trash and empty, or log out and log in again and empty.

~flipper