[Ti] [OT] Visio, was Microsoft Office : PC versus Mac

George Reis reis at imagingforensics.com
Wed Apr 16 08:54:06 PDT 2003

Paul Russell wrote on 4/15/03 6:26 PM:

> The sad fact is that in the Windoze dominated world, people use Visio
> for embedded drawings within their Word docs. It's one of the worst
> drawing programs in the world, but it's what people use.

Tell me Paul (and anyone else) what else would you use for making drawings
of buildings, houses, yards and/or streets that is better to use then Visio
that is in the same price range? It is one of only two Windows applications
that I use. I only use it because I can't find a decent alternative. The
templates, the ease of scaling a drawing, the ease of scaling each component
to a specific size, the ease of annotating the drawing, etc. are all pretty
nice to me. I've looked at the alternatives that have been made on this list
in the past, and none of them have these features. If they did, I'd probably
switch.

Please, if you really think this is such a bad application, then give me
alternatives that have the same features! Not only would I like to change if
there is something better (on any platform), but I'd like to share the
information with my clients.

Thanks,

George Reis
--
Imaging Forensics <http://www.imagingforensics.com>
Specializing in digital imaging consulting, training, analysis and