[Ti] Best price for Applecare?

Bill Reburn reburn at mts.net
Tue Apr 22 15:41:03 PDT 2003

Here are a few quotes from the Smalldog site, whats up with Florida??!! You
can buy it from Smalldog from anywhere and have full coverage but you'll
have to ship it to them for repairs. (read below for clarification) There
are several lawyers on this list - they'll all tell ya, READ THE FINE PRINT
(I guess you don't need a lawyer to tell you that :-).

"Not available for used or otherwise out-of-warranty product, or for end
users in the State of Florida."

"The Protection Plan is valid in the U.S. Apple does not promise that onsite
service will be available on all products in all areas of the U.S. "

"Most of Small Dog's products do have a warranty, the vast majority of which
is not valid outside of the United States. Small Dog is glad to facilitate
US warranty service for international customers, but all shipping charges
both to and from Small Dog remain the responsibility of the customer. Please
contact us for an RMA # for return shipping and warranty repair. "

Here is a quote from the US Applecare PDF Terms and Conditions

"This Plan is offered and valid only in the 50 United States, the District
of Columbia, Canada, Brazil, and Mexico. This Plan is not valid in any other
country or U.S. territory. This Plan is not available for Florida consumers
or where prohibited by law....

....f The laws of the State of California govern this Plan. If the law of
any jurisdiction where this Plan is purchased and enrolled/activated is
inconsistent with these terms, including AZ, GA, VT, WA, and WY, the law of
that state will control.

On 4/22/03 12:58 PM, "Tom R. no spam" <tr5374 at csc.albany.edu> wrote:

> The current AppleCare is good worldwide, isn't it?  There isn't
> any other, is there?  Per AplCare tech supp when the change was
> made several mo ago, existing laptop AC was extended to match the
> new version.
>
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Bill Reburn wrote:
>
>> Be careful wherever you buy it from that it is valid in your area.
>>
>> ALL of the discounted website deals I came across were for Continental US
>> residents ONLY. I had to get through some serious small print to find that
>> statement sometimes.

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers of Canada